CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Do YOU Remember?

I will never forget that day!! I was on my honeymoon in HI and the people there would just stop you on the street and hug you. The last attack was of course on Pearl Harbor and so the People in HI were so nice and comforting. I just remembering thinking the flyers about a plane on tower 1 were some kind of sick tabloid joke, then we noticed no one out on the beach and went into our room to see the replay of the 2nd plane hitting. I just sat on the bed and bawled while Cordell tried to comfort his new wife! I will never forget the sense of disbelief, shock and helplessness that came with watching all of those people dying. I called home and made sure my dad was safe (he flew alot) and just wanted to be home with my family! We were dealing with the flight lockdown and stuck there for 4 days. We were on the first flight out of HI and it was a midnight flight, everyone was on edge and we had to go through 8 hrs of security. The people behind us in line were complaining about the wait the whole time and I was so upset with them I could barely stand still. We prayed before we took off and the person to my right asked if he could join in our prayer. We all loved each other and felt pain and sorrow for each other. Our country turned their hearts back to God and the importance of our freedom in this amazing country we live in! I have been watching tributes all morning trying to find THE one that I would post and it was so hard to chose just one! Words cannot express the pain and sorrow I feel for all of the brave victims and the ones they left behind! I love this Country and am so proud of those people fighting for our freedom! They know what they are fighting for and feel honored to do it! May God bless America and may all of us take some time out today and REMEMBER how we felt and not just bring those feelings back today, but everyday! REMEMBER!!

0 comments: