Well, here we are again, this time with Cameron. We had been noticing his speech not really progressing so I took him to Utah Valley for a free hearing test. The tech was not the greatest. He simply looked at me and asked if my husband and I had chronic ear infections growing up and I said yes and also replied that his brother had had two sets of tubes in. He just said "well crappy genetics." Can you believe it? Then without explaining anything just said that Cameron had failed both ears and that he had 36% hearing loss in both. Then he just looked at me. I had to lead all the the questions and get all the answers, all while trying not to cry. So we saw my ENT Dr Ence and he said that it would all go normal after tubes because of his age and all the fluid that is in them right now. He made me feel alot better and even called the Hospital to complain about the tech. We arrived at the hospital, early in the morning! It was hard to kep him happy while we waited in the room and he really did not want to change into the gown! They finally got him some meds and the nurse carried him away! I ALWAYS hate this part! I waited and was so happy it didn't take to long. I heard his weak cry and rushed into the hallway to collect my baby. He was so out of it, but everything went great and he enjoyed some apple juice and a popsicle! He also insisted that he "walk" out all by himself lol. After wobbling around he finally agreed to mommy carrying him! We got home and snuggled the day away...this is of course my favorite part!! Love you cams!
Gratitude is the beginning of cilvility, of decency and goodness, of a recognition that we cannot afford to be arrogant. We should walk with the knowledge that we need help EVERY step of the way. Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
0 comments:
Post a Comment