CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Trimming the Tree

Ahhh the joys of putting up the Christmas tree! The untangling of lights...only to find that they don't work, the trips to the store to replace the broken balls throught the process, and the joy of finding your hard work in deseray with the movement of all decorations so nothing is where it "should" be...EVERY morning. It is hard work, but we actually do enjoy this lol! We put on the Grinch while we did it this year and sometimes it can seem a fitting movie. Every year I work on my own need to have the tree look perfect. I did a good job this year and let the kids do most of the decorating...with me of course adjusting it as needed at night :). They each got a turn putting the star up so everyone was happy! It was a fun FHE and we are glad to relax and enjoy that Christmastime feeling. I do love sitting in the glow of the tree and drinking some hot chocolate and just doing nothing...until I realize a ball or doll is out of place and then I HAVE to fix it lol! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Heather Child said...

I LOVE putting up the tree. Now if I could only get Craig to help me put the dang thing away! It's driving me nuts!

Michon said...

Wow, that last pic with Jackson/Cameron and the lights is sweet! I had no idea they had their own tree in their room...wow, what lucky kids. And I must say...April is coming too fast! WOO HOO McCall!