CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

OUCH!

BEFORE

My baby had to have another surgery! Poor kid! He has chronic ear infections/aches and so today he got ear tubes (again) and also had his tonsils and adnoids taken out!! OUCH!!! He loved all the attention and all the "free" stuff he got! He didn't like his blood taken, but loved the bugs bunny bandaid! He told every nurse and doctor that saw him ..."I don't like shots, they are not Jacksons favorite!" Everyone just laughed and then when they came in to wheel him out he told the nurses and doctor that he didn't like doctors! It was soooo funny! They were all very cute with him and all things considered it went really well! He was such a trooper! Iwas too until they brought him back from waking up and he was crying and trying to reach me, but his IV was tangled and so to get to me he decided to rip it out! Then he saw the blood and said "oh no, I got blood." I got all choked up because I knew he was in pain and I couldn't take it away! The good news is that I got lots of snuggles and we all have a great excuse to eat lots of ice cream! We love you so much Jackson and we are glad that you are feeling better already. The hardest part is going to be getting you to settle down and heal lol! We love you buddy!!! AFTER

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Poor kid! I don't know how you handled it McCall. I know you and you are definately an expert in the water works department! You and Jackson are definately troopers! I am glad to hear that you both are doing well. Hopefully this will be Jackson's LAST surgery!
Oh, BTW Aunt Bonnie said that she can't (but would like to) leave comments on blogs with the visual verification thingy so you might take it off.

Cindy said...

I just gotta say one more time... POOR KID. I feel so bad for him!

Washington Washburns said...

I had my tonsils taken out 2 years ago and it's not fun. I heard it is easier the younger you are. Hope he feels well soon.

Jene and Megan said...

I'm glad everything went well. I tried to call last night but I'm sure you were all worn out!! I hope the healing process is smooth sailing for Jackson. I'm glad you held up well too!! Love you guys!

Lesley said...

Poor little guy. I hope he is feeling better.

These Are The Days said...

I know how it is to see your kid be put out. Kade had tubes put in twice and the second time they took out his adnoids too. I am SO glad we did it though because those ear infections are no good. It's SO sad to see them in pain. Two years since his last surgery and he has one ear that healed and one that still has the tube in. It has been bothering him a little so I think it's about to fall out. He hopes next summer he can swim without all the head gear:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!!! poor kid!! I hope he heals up fast! Kids are amazing that way though, he's probably back kickin' it on the playground!