CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

What a WONDERFUL day!!! Jackson has been wanting to go INSIDE a temple for months now!! We finally went to an open house and it happened to be right next to Cordell's parents house, so we snuck in a visit too!! We took our friends along and Jackson was so happy!! It was so hot outside, so the water and the cool tent we watched the introduction movie in was a welcomed sight!! they showed pics of temples all around the world and when Jackson saw the SLC temple he said (in a not so quiet voice) "mommy that is where you got married..right?" So cute!! And it proves that he does listen!! When we walked in it was amazing!! Jackson was just ohhing and ahhing all over the place and was so cute and reverent!! He wanted to hold my hand, but then saw others folding their arms to he followed suit for awhile, then back to the hand holding (which I of course just hated)! His favorite rooms were the baptismal room and the sealing room..He also liked the "snowflake and star light" in the Celestial room! I cried, of course, I was so proud to see my baby so in love with the Temple!! It certainly puts everything back in order and sets your priorities back to where they should be! It was amazing how beautiful it was, but how it is just a building now and you can feel that it is not dedicated yet! Interesting! My heart was just bursting with what Jackson has been learning and how excited he is to go in the temple "for real"! We left and ate WONDERFUL cookies and Jackson saw a Piano that was playing all by itself and was so intrigued!! He kept asking how does it do that? And then asked me to take a picture of it! so cute!! We ate at Carls Jr and then said goodbye to our friends and visited Cordells parents! It was a great experience and I felt the spirit speaking to my heart! Jackson felt it too and couldn't really describe how he was feeling he just kept saying his heart was "so fast"... We sat in the sealing room and listened to a really cute couple talk and I showed Jackson the mirrors. I remember my mom doing this with me when we walked through the Timpanogos Temple! It was so special and now I have done it with my little boy too! This Gospel is sooo incredible and I want these same feelings of being in the Celestial room with my little family when I am waiting for my them on the other side!! It just wouldn't be Heaven without them!!! If you haven't had the chance to go yet..then go!! Don't make excuses about taking your kids either...they need this and you need to share this with them!! No other experience has come close!! It was AWESOME!!

3 comments:

Lake Family est. 2006 said...

Hey, McCall, so I finally got to see your blog - awesome! That is such a sweet story! It is amazing how fast kids pick up on things. Lilly's favorite is to find pictures of the temple and carry them around saying 'temple. mama temple.' or 'Jace temple,' Children are so very close to the spirit and are so special. Keep up the great work with your boys! You are doing awesome.

Jene and Megan said...

What a great experience!! I love the pictures...you take so many as usual..;) I wish I could've gone. Hopefully, when the Atlanta temple opens back up we can go through with Eric.

Cindy said...

Kaden and Bryan went through the temple with people from our old ward including one of the old stake presidency members and at the very end he asked Kaden what he liked the very most. Kaden looked around the cookie tent and said, "this is a really great tent." funny kid.