CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Pioneer Day

What a Wonderful day!! Jackson made it even more memorable by getting his first Bee Sting!! He came in the house just sobbing and I asked him what was wrong and all I got was... "Why he do that?" I said.."who?" And then finally learned that the bee had stung him and was then told to please go kill it! It was so sad!! He finally settled down and we got the raid and went on a bee hunt! Ahhh Justice lol!! After we sought and won our revenge, Jackson fell fast asleep and every now and then you would hear a little sniffle! Live and learn right?! We spent pioneer day with my family. I was sad because Cordell had to work the next day at 5 so he stayed home and went to bed!! But before we left him we did have a great bbq complete with potato salad and homemade rolls!! Later, Jackson was quite the little boss...surprise, surprise!! We had a great time watching all the fireworks and I loved the snuggle time with my extremely tired Cameron!! The next morning we woke up to Jacksons eye being swollen almost completely shut! We tried Benedryl and Ice, but it was just going to take some time! I was hoping to have it down by the Primary activity that night, but even another nap didn't help! Jackson woke up grumpy and not happy that we were going to be around people and hid his face for the first 10 minutes of the activity! He felt bad every time someone would ask him what happened, but eventually he forgot all about it! We had lots of fun doing 3 legged raced and sack races and He was thrilled that he was one of the only kids to get the hoop to roll down the street like his daddy!! He loved the horseshoes and the seed spitting!! We ate dinner and got our family pictures done...I look so lovely!! Then same some songs! Jacksons favorite was "this is the place" because all the boys got to yell that out at the end of the song! .... So Cute!! All in all a great weekend and I loved the activity, because it helped in explaining the holiday to Jackson and just how much we have to be grateful for!! Hope you had a great one too!!

1 comments:

Amy and Clark said...

Poor little guy! Quinton got stung on his face a couple of times when he was just a toddler and was so swollen that he looked like Quasimodo (spelling?)! Hopefully, he gets feeling better quick! Other than that, sounds like you had a wonderfully traditional Pioneer Day!