CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Point's $2 Tuesdays

OK...I have never been to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. I had NO idea what a great deal their 2 dollar Tuesday's was!! We decided to go with our playgroup and as soon as we got off the freeway we were in line all the way back by the exit!! We found a place to park, (in the gravel) and hiked up to the line that wrapped all the way past the end of the museum itself! We were in line for over an hour! have you ever had to cope with two young and wild , excited boys with no food or drink in 90 degree heat? I did my best and luckily had friends to help me!! We got in and it was super crowded, but Jackson and Cameron had a GREAT time!! We are so glad we went, but I may pay the full price next time and take my time!! We felt a little rushed and I wanted to moo on occasion on the fact that I felt like cattle being herded through! The erosion table was packed and all the Dinos had pretty much been found and so Jax was sad he didn't find any!! But he loved the digging room!!! Cam wasn't too sure and hated the feel of the sand on his bare feet but once I got in with him he loved it!! A little boy even saw that he was struggling and gave him his brush!! so sweet!!! He got the hang of it and loved playing along side his big brother!!! The boys want to go back and I think Cordell would love coming with us this time!! I would also love to get Cordell's dad in with us too!! He is a Geologist and it would be so fun to have him with us!! We hiked all the way back down to the car afterwards to get our picnic lunch that we were all going to have together and by the time we got back up to the table Cameron had had it and I couldn't figure out what he wanted!! So we left in a hurry and Mommy wasn't so happy!! I finally figured out that all he had wanted was a drink from Jackson's cup!! Oh my word!!! Well I got my exercise anyway right?!! It was great and Jackson is so happy he finally got to go in the T-Rex building!! What a day!!

4 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

What a great playgroup..although, that line looked horrible. You look so good by the way!

Heather said...

I'm so sad we weren't able to come! We'll have to try some other outings this year. That line looked crazy...kindof glad I missed that part of it. Do you hot mamas do much together? I feel like I'm always gone, or busy...sounds like I need to simplify my life...good grief.

Jewels said...

I have wanted to take my boys over there, it looks like so much fun! Now I know to avoid it on Tuesday, hahaha!

Cindy said...

one year we bought the family pass that lets you get in for free as much as you want (It might even include the other stuff there?). It was really fun. We would go all the time and the kids loved it. We thought about going on Tuesday. I'm kind of glad we didn't seeing that line! You are amazing. I would have turned around immediately!