CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Old teeth, new teeth; brown teeth, white teeth

BEFORE....

Jackson FINALLY got his teeth fixed! Alot of you already know that Jackson was born with very little enamel, so his teeth have had no protection and have been, basically, slowly rotting. We went into the hospital on Friday morning at around 9:10 am! The nurses brought him a cloth doll for him to color a face on and snuggle with while being put under. He loved it! He calls it his darlin'. The dentist was a little bit behind so I had to keep him entertained until 11:10. They brought him toys and he colored. The hardest part was that
he couldn't eat or drink anything and he kept asking for something to eat or drink! It was so hard to be firm. We changed into the scrubs and watched tom and jerry (jackson loved them). The nurses came and wheeled him away at 11:15 and I was really good until the end of the video clip below! I turned off the camera and cried! I called cordell for strength! My little baby! I love him sooo much! We feel so blessed that he was taken care of so well! The nurse that was with him the entire surgery and cuddled him until he fell asleep loved him sooo much she ended upholding his hand for the entire 2 hours he was out! I hated waiting, but loved the snuggles I got afterward! He looked like he had been hit with a bat on the mouth! He is doing great and loves his new teeth! He hasn't even needed all the pain medication! They look great and I get to spend lots of time with my baby snuggling!!!
AFTER!!!

9 comments:

Jewels said...

Oooh, what a trooper! Sounds like he handled it like a champion - much braver than I would have been...

Amber Ferran said...

Wow! You are a strong mother! I would have probably cried even before getting to the hospital! He looks so cute, as always! You and your perfect little family!

Jene and Megan said...

How are you and your little bug Jackson?? I have been thinking about you guys. Poor little guy! His teeth look great but I feel bad for what his little mouth had to go through!!

Lisa/Scott said...

That's great that you took him to a good specialist. Having worked in several dentist offices, it looks like they did a really good job.

Telisa said...

Those are some good lookin' teeth! Good to hear that everything turned out well. We still need to get the kids together for a play day at the park or something! TTYL

The McKell Family said...

Oh thats so hard to see your little boy have to go through something like that. . But his teeth look great!!!!

Kim said...

His teeth look beautiful! I'm sorry he had to go through so much pain! At least you get to snuggle-At that age, it doesn't happen as much as you would like it to. love kimyflz

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! What a tough kid! But, I'm sure it was worth it! I'm glad I found your blog and we can keep in touch more often!

Jewels said...

Ah yes, Ethan's parents names' are Tim and Marie. Good luck!