So I decided that NO MATTER WHAT I am NOT nursing Cameron anymore! I had weened him to only 2-3 times a day about 4 months ago, but everytime I tried to stop I either needed some relief after 2 days or he got sick and I felt guilty about taking away such a comfort! Imade the decision 2 days ago and I got him down for a nap without nursing, but with some tears and then gave in for bed time and thought okay I will just stop nursing during the day.....Well yesterday I got him to lie down for a nap with no nursing (still plenty of tears and pulling at my shirt lol). After putting him down I was talking to Cordell and all of a sudden this wave of emotion came over me and I realized I was missing it too and started to cry...this totally took me by suprise, because I didn't nurse Jackson as long I never had to deal with any of this so it was all very new to me! I have found that it is true that it is a very special time and it is something I will miss! I know it is time and will help his sleep schedule (and mine) because I can no longer wake up every morning between 5 and 6! So I got over my fears and my own comfort and didn't nurse him to bed last night...it took a little longer but wasn't bad and I didn't wake up this morning until 7:30!! Although I feel like the cow in the comic under this post it is not as bad as it had been! I just was pleasantly suprised at how much nursing does...Funny but I actually felt the spirit very very stong last night and I know that Heavenly Father was comforting my son and me! Today I am not very sore and very excited the I am not nursing!! I just feel really blessed to have had the blessing of bonding with my kids in such a way! I feel blessed to be a woman and to receive such a gift!


4 comments:
Oh what a bittersweet time! Nursing is a double edged sword though it is time for Cameron and you to "moove" on! Now you just need to bind yourself down so you can stop producing milk! Good luck Sista!! =) I love you!
Good for you! I can totally relate. It can be hard to let that time go, but I have found that nothing really changes. It's more a worry that something might. Good luck!
I know! I LOVE nursing. It breaks my heart when I have to cave and give a bottle! Trav just doesn't understand. Only us moms can. Good luck!
glad things are going better for you! :) how old is he now? i read somewhere that they recommend breastfeeding until 2 years old but I don't think I have ever met anyone that has gone that long!
Post a Comment