So one of my MANY New Years Resolutions was to get my act together and start really getting my house decorated and organized! So I finally made my kids chore charts! I have been looking for pre-made ones, just to make it easy, but never found one that I liked...so... off to the scrapbooking room! I personalized these with actual pics of them doing the chore so that they can see what each job is. Now all I have to do is add velcro buttons and envelopes full of lil stars and we are done!! Now, the family store was not my idea....My friend had this on her blog and so I snatched it!! We are going to use the family store along with my brother in laws red/green ticket idea. Here is how it works..althought I need to figure out a way to keep track of tickets and post how much all the toys/candy are so that they can buy them, pretty sure I will use corckboard and little tabs on rings for that..anyway.... their chore charts are filled with things they need to do everyday with no real reward. Then if they are really good or if we ask them to do a bigger job like dishes, dusting, watch cameron...then we will reward them with a green ticket now every green ticket is worth 25 cents and they can save their tickets or use them to buy things from the family store, even a night out with mommy! Now if they are naughty or get a timeout or break a house rule (haven't made that poster yet lol) then they will get a red ticket and the only way to get rid of a red ticket is to do an extra job. If they get enough red tickets than they can get a toy taken away or lose a priviledge. Ok this is sounding more complicated than it should lol! I need to call Cliff and see if I have the right idea lol! Anyway, you kindof get it right lol? We are trying to give our children responsibility and teach them the value of a dollar. I hope it works, so far Jackson has earned 3 Green tickets and has one more to go to get his magnifying glass he has been eyeing! Cameron has 2 and wants a bag of chips lol! It seems to be working and getting our kids excited about obeying and doing their share around the house! So far so good right? Wish us luck!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
McCall that is such a cute idea! I hope i come up with an idea when im your age! I love Jackson and Cameron and i cant wait to see them again!
Jonathan you are too cute! I love you buddy!
That is a great idea! I have been trying to think of ways to motivate our girls and get them to act better without beating them!! Haha!! We wouldn't but some days you just wonder what is going on in their little heads, goodness! I might have to steal your idea. It might take me a while to get it all together, it takes me triple to time to do anything these days. Thank you!
blog.hurstmanor.com
Holy Cow..You go girl!! Good luck with all your resolutions..I'm sure you'll do great! I miss you guys terribly!!
I love the ticket idea! Good going on all that. Let me know how it works, our chart is a work in progress. Let me know if you start running ;)
Hi girl, I love the chore chart! I really need to do something like that. Your boys are getting so cute. Did I tell you we are expecting? I'm due end of May. We find out next week what we are having. How is the job hunt going? You look great as always!
Hey! Yes, I saw all your new posts..very cute! Thanks for the "good-bye" post. I am still having a hard time being back in Georgia so I don't usually like to talk about us saying "good-bye." That's why I didn't comment on it...it would've just started a major melt down, lol!!
In response to your question on my blog :) Take it real slow. Have good shoes. Fast walk to warm up at least 10 minutes then pick an easy distance or a spot where you want to run to. When you get there push past if you can and go a little further. When you need to, stop running and walk to take a breather than run again to another pre-determined location (telephone poles are good goals or stop signs. Here's where all your aerobics will pay off. You are in great shape and will be able to run further than most just starting. When I started I got terrible side and stomach aches. I had to stop and turn around and go home every time. I got a little further each run/walk then the aches started going away. Once you hit the two mile mark where you can run two miles without stopping then your body make adjustments and it gets easier. You convince it that this is something you can do. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.
Awesome awesome ideas McCall! And you are definitely on top of the resolutions thing this year! NICE! I always wanted to try a chore chart idea, but now that my son is almost 12 I'm sure he'd just make fun of me with his friends behind my back...I guess I could TRY this with our little girl though...hmmm, she'd probably laugh at me too though...I'm sure your kids are angels :) Good luck with it...it's seriously so darling!
LOVE this idea McCall! You are such a good mom.
Post a Comment